FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
You’re Invited to Stockbridge Art Lab 2014!
STOCKBRIDGE, MA—(May 1, 2014)—IS183 Art School and the Red Lion Inn are proud to announce that Art Lab 2014 is coming on Saturday, May 17! This event, a curated afternoon and evening featuring local artists, begins at 1:00 p.m. at the former Hall’s Garage at 35 Main Street in Stockbridge, and continues at sites throughout Stockbridge until 10:00 p.m.
Visitors can enjoy a film screening, live multimedia performance, pop-up artists’ studios and, be sure to join us for presentation of the 2ndAnnual Berkshire K-12 Arts Educator Award at 3pm – it will be a great chance to celebrate the arts.
The fun begins at 35 Main Street beginning at 1:00 p.m.:
· 1:00 p.m. –Meet the artists! Art Lab 2014 begins with a chance to engage with participating local artists. Ceramicists, collage artists, writers and multimedia artists will be on hand from 1 to 5pm, showing their work and providing demonstrations.
· 1:30 p.m. – join us for a screening of the documentary To Spring From the Hand, on the life and work of the dancer and ceramicist Paulus Berensohn. This inspiring film is hosted by FeMail, a collaboration between the artists Karen Arp-Sandel and Suzi Banks Baum.
· 3:00 p.m. – Presentation of the 2nd Annual Berkshire K-12 Arts Educator Award to an individual who has gone above and beyond to inspire creativity in their students. Join us to celebrate and applaud the efforts of art educators across our community!
· 3:30 p.m. – The duo Black Lake, comprised of the artists Susan Jennings and Slink Moss, will perform; their striking multimedia performances include music and video.
· 5:00 p.m. – Visit one of the many pop-up events happening around town and grab a bite to eat before returning to the Garage for…
· 8:00 p.m. – A Rockin’ Dance Party at the former Hall’s Garage with DJ RothFitz; dancing continues until 10:00 p.m.
Art Lab 2014 is a chance to celebrate local art and spend the day engaging with the artists who help enrich community life. To find out more about this event, contact IS183 at 413-298-5252 ext. 100 or visit www.is183.org.
IS183 Art School of the Berkshires is a not-for-profit community art school whose mission is to encourage people of all ages, means and skill levels to enrich their lives through hands-on experience in the visual arts. IS183 offers year-round programs in ceramics, painting, drawing, fiber arts, sculpture, animation, mixed media, photography, collage, jewelry and more for children, teens and adults—at locations throughout Berkshire County through collaborative partnerships with schools and other cultural organizations. Programs are offered daytime, evenings and weekends, for all levels–from the absolute beginner to the professional artist. Visit www.is183.org to get involved or support IS183’s work.
Images available upon request.
Hope Sullivan, Executive Director
IS183, Art School of the Berkshires
Box 1400 / 13 Willard Hill Road
Stockbridge, MA 01262